Thursday, February 4, 2016

Melted Crayons??

Well, after seeing so many posts and article about melted crayons and all the things that you can do with them, my children and I decided to do a simple project today. Yeah.......we thought.

We got out all of our old crayons, since N (6 yrs.) doesn't like crayons but prefers pen, and peeled all of the wrapping off of them. Then we broke them up and put them into the cookie cutters like we read. Um....dummy me, I didn't think about how that OBVIOUSLY wasn't going to work the way we read it would. So after the requisite 7 min at 275 degrees, we pulled out our baking sheet.....and....yeah, you guessed it.......melted crayon everywhere. Just a full baking sheet of melted colors. Oh, did I mention that it broke through a part of the tin foil (I lined my pan) and so my entire baking sheet has a thin layer of crayon now? Yes.......not my idea of fun.

As if this wasn't enough drama for the day, I had the great idea that maybe, JUST MAYBE, I could save our project. So I waited until the crayons cooled, put some coffee filters in my muffin tin (since I don't have muffin holders), broke the cooled crayons up into pieces and tried it again. ::sigh:: It did NOT work!!! Now, I have TWO pan with melted crayons stuck in the bottoms. I must say.....this will be our last attempt with melted crayons. Right about now, I'm thinking we were insane for trying this. Not to mention the fact that my kids are all feeling like it was a major waste of their time.

On a better (hopefully) note, we have another project planned for tomorrow. Lets hope that this one turns out right! I'll keep y'all posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment