Thursday, February 4, 2016

Just another day in Mexico

In the midst of all the drama with our melted crayons, my neighbor came to my door. "Check your back yard!" she says. "There is something dead back there."  At this point, I am praying that it isn't one of our dogs. Thankfully, the boys were occupied, so I slip to the back yard and sure enough, there is a dead animal. Thank you Jesus, I could see instantly that our dogs were fine. It was a cat. A big cat, that had obviously been dead for a few days. Here is the problem.........the cat wasn't back there an hour before. And then all of a sudden, BAM! In the middle of the yard, dead cat and at least 50 HUGE vultures. My dogs were going nuts trying to get the vultures and I was trying to get the dogs chained up before they messed with the dead cat or the vultures messed with them. I must confess, for a moment, I was a little worried that our female (she is only 6 months) might get carried off. I mean, these are big birds! Anyway, I got the boys to help me tie the dogs up in the hopes that the vultures would carry off the dead cat. On a side note, my kids got an interesting show of nature. They proceeded to sit on the back steps and watch the birds fight over and eventually carry away the carcass. Too much info? Sorry. This is just another day in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment